Skip to main content

A Adventures

The end of the week seems to be coming faster then I am ready for.  Wednesday went really well in preschool we accomplished a bunch.  Thursday Little Dragon and I were both worn out and took it easy.  There is not much left to do; we can finish it all tomorrow.

Wednesday and Thursday I left out the circle busy bag from Tuesday and added this fall tree on Wednesday.

I found this on 3Dinosaurs


Little Dragon covered his car in pom poms and thought it was really funny.  He also threw them around a bit.






Little Dragon finished his creation book Wednesday.  I am really excited to have it, he doesn't seem thrilled.  :/

Crafts
Day 5 of Creation Book

Materials

  • White paper
  • Feathers 
  • Fish stickers
Little Dragon put his fish on first then glued the feathers all over the page.  Easy breezy.










Fall Tree Craft part 2
Materials
  • Part one of fall tree craft
  • Yellow, red, and orange paint
  • Hands
I taped the dry part 1 of this craft to the easel and set out the paint.  Little Dragon started with yellow paint.  I helped him place his hand then he went on to orange paint, them red.  I did not rinse Little Dragons hand between colors because I wanted them to mix a little. 



To use up the extra paint and let Little Dragon be creative I taped up his paper from an earlier craft this week.  He smeared his hands around in the paint a bit then started stamping his hands on the paper.  He did get a bit aggressive with the painting but he wasn't hurting anyone or anything and I figured this was a healthy way to express his frustration.  

Little Dragon is not expressing much about this painting so I plan to have him continue adding it.


A Adventures
Early in the week Little Dragon went through some adds and circled the letter A.  Wednesday he cut them out and glued them in his alphabet notebook.



I also helped him make letter a pencil topper. 

Most of our Thursday preschool was working in the letter a folder.  Some handwriting practice, coloring pictures that start with a, shape practice, and a "what goes together worksheet."  

Little Dragon has been writing and seeing the letter x everywhere.  It is a very easy letter to see in every day life, although I would like to see him start noticing the letter g and a as well.
We will get there I suppose.  Its still the beginning. 






Science
We took some more apples out of the fridge and cut them open.  We cut a yellow, green, and red apple.  Little Dragon semi dug the seeds out of each apple.  After the first apple he would ge excited with each cut pointing out the seeds to me waiting to get the the apple pieces to take out the seeds.  
We graphed and counted how many seeds each colored apple had. 

Green had many more seeds then any other apple.  I was surprised.  I want to research and find out why but I haven't had a chance.  

When we were all finished graphing Little Dragon tasted each apple.  We talked about crunchy, soft, sweet, sour, and tart.  There was a graph for this activity in the letter a folder but we did not end up filling it out.
Little Dragon did find that his favorite apples are red.  

Kitchen Adventure
When tasting was over Little Dragon and I diced up the remaining apples to make homemade applesauce!  

Recipe for homemade applesauce
  • 8 medium apples
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 Tbls lemon juice
  • 1 Tbls pure vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  1. Dice apples and peel them.
  2. Place in crackpot
  3. Add water, lemon, vanilla,  and cinnamon. Stir to coat.
  4. Cook for four hours on low
  5. Blend until smooth
It smelled amazing and made the house smell like apple pie all day!  
After blending it was still hot. I served it with butter pecan ice cream. It was delicious. I have an 8 oz can left.

Snack
I like to give Little Dragon a themed snack each week.  This week he had a simple apple pie snack.  
Put a little granola in the bottom of a glass, put applesauce on top of that, then a dash or two of cinnamon.


Letter A food list

  • Apples
  • Applesauce
  • Apple butter 
  • Avacado
There are many other foods that begin with a but these are what we ate.






Books Alive
Earlier in the week we read Ten Apples Up On top by Dr. Seuss. 

 I placed a dog, a lion, and a tiger in a bin and added the cut out apple prints for play.  

Together we put apples on the animals heads then Little Dragon tried to balance the apples on his head.  It took a couple times and instruction to keep his chin up but he was finally able to take a couple of steps.   


Tomorrow we have a field trip planned.  I am hoping to get a lot of pictures!  This is our first field trip this year.  :D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elephant Faces

Elephant Faces (masks) We used:  Three paper plates Paint or markers Paint brushes Stapler Scissors Yarn First paint the bottom of the paper plate.  While the kids painted I cut the other paper plate in half for the ears. Using the third plate I cut out the textured part of the plate to make the trunks.   Paint (or color) the rest of the pieces.  Staple them together to make an elephant. Cut out small holes for eyes and small holes behind the ears to attach the yarn. Now that the lesson is over I have the masks hanging in the playroom.  They make a neat decoration. 

Painting With Squirt Guns

We did this as a Fathers Day project, but it fits in outside play perfectly.   I liked this for Fathers because it was an interactive activity for the kids to do with Jerry to celebrate him and the time they enjoy spending with him. I filled 1 gun with yellow paint and 2 guns with black paint.  The squirt guns we used were from the dollar store and had a decently big hole to pour the paint into.  Some squirt guns have itty bitty holes that make squirting paint into the gun very difficult. Taped off the canvas...and made the kids pose Then the guns were handed to the kids and dad.  Instructions were to shoot the canvas not each other. Very simple. Start squirting!   The squirting went on and on.  I refilled the guns a couple times so the activity could continue.     Jerry also took time with each Dragon to squirt with them.  With a Star Wars theme we were looking at having black as the primary color and yellow as the secondar

Mini Story Boards

Mini Story Boards We used:  Foam Cookie sheets Magnets Paper I found the cookie sheets at the dollar store and loved the idea of the kids telling their own stories using movable magnets.   I cut out flowers with the foam (you can cut out any design and use construction paper instead of foam) and little people then stuck a magnet to the back.  I cut out bugs and stuck magnets to the back of those too.    Then I drew little scenes that would inspire a story and put them on the cookie sheet.  One demonstration and their imaginations took off on their own :)