Skip to main content

Week 3 Wrap Up

These are the last and/or completed activities for Week 3-A is for Apple.

Craft
During this week there were some projects that took a couple of days to complete.

Apple Tree Craft Part 3

Materials

  • Fall tree part 2
  • Green paint
  • Fingers
I taped the tree to the easel and gave Little Dragon two different colors of green paint.  I went with green because I wanted the tree 'leafs' to be fall colored and it would be difficult to see the red apples.  We had also just come from the apple orchard and had picked plenty of green apples so it worked out well.

While he finished this project we talked about the story of Adam and Eve.  I didn't want to go over it like a review so it was more of a conversation. 

He placed his finger in the green paint then pressed it onto the tree.  He put some on the ground below the leafs on the painting.  I thought this was creative.  This is how he saw the apples at the orchard. 





Bible
We read the full story of Adam and Eve today.  Starting with garden and continuing to Adam and Eve being banned from the Garden of Eden.  We briefly talked about sin, I think it is a difficult concept to understand for an almost 3 year old.  Then of course we said our bible verse at least 3 times.

This week we only read the story twice.  My lessons call for it to be read 4 or 5 days.
After the first couple weeks I was beginning to think this was to much.  Little Dragon is not going to memorize these stories or remember them much.  I also don't think he will be memorizing verses each week.  (I originally included the bible verses for Athena (Doll Dragon), but she has not been with us :(. )

 I shared this with my close friend and she said
-"It may seem like he isn't absorbing it or even listening but it is a good habit.  Also, there is power in God's word when you are saying it.  I think you should keep at it!"
I believe she is right and we are going to continue reading the stories every day and I am going to continue having him repeat bible verses.

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" -Romans 3:23

Alphabet


While he was painting his art I taped his letter a paper next to it.  He put 'apples' around the a.  He enjoyed this painting activity and asked for more paint.  This is the first time this year he has asked for more paint instead of being finished before the paint he has is gone. 
I did put up additional paper when he finished with both the craft and alphabet projects so he could explore painting with his finger instead of just stamping. 





Little Dragon traced an 'a' on an apple print cut out and taped it to our explorers treasure map. 


Other
Before we left for our field trip in the morning I hid all of the apple print cut outs we made on Monday.  When we got home from our field trip and after nap time Little Dragon searched for the apple prints.  
I originally planned for him to use his explorers binoculars but forgot when we started the activity. 

Then we worked on patterns.  I found the worksheet for patterns on 3dinosaurs.com.  You can also use the apple print cut outs to practice patterns if you printed multiple colors.

Pretend Play
The end of the day Little Dragon asked if he could play pumpkin patch.  Of course I said yes.  He asked for some blocks and people (he already had his cars).  I gladly got these for him and some other props and we began building a pumpkin patch. 

He loved it!  We played together for awhile picking out our pumpkins and driving them home then going to visit the giant scarecrow.  It was a spontaneous idea on his part but ended up working out great.  He was very pleased. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elephant Faces

Elephant Faces (masks) We used:  Three paper plates Paint or markers Paint brushes Stapler Scissors Yarn First paint the bottom of the paper plate.  While the kids painted I cut the other paper plate in half for the ears. Using the third plate I cut out the textured part of the plate to make the trunks.   Paint (or color) the rest of the pieces.  Staple them together to make an elephant. Cut out small holes for eyes and small holes behind the ears to attach the yarn. Now that the lesson is over I have the masks hanging in the playroom.  They make a neat decoration. 

Painting With Squirt Guns

We did this as a Fathers Day project, but it fits in outside play perfectly.   I liked this for Fathers because it was an interactive activity for the kids to do with Jerry to celebrate him and the time they enjoy spending with him. I filled 1 gun with yellow paint and 2 guns with black paint.  The squirt guns we used were from the dollar store and had a decently big hole to pour the paint into.  Some squirt guns have itty bitty holes that make squirting paint into the gun very difficult. Taped off the canvas...and made the kids pose Then the guns were handed to the kids and dad.  Instructions were to shoot the canvas not each other. Very simple. Start squirting!   The squirting went on and on.  I refilled the guns a couple times so the activity could continue.     Jerry also took time with each Dragon to squirt with them.  With a Star Wars theme we were looking at having black as the primary color and yellow as the secondar

Mini Story Boards

Mini Story Boards We used:  Foam Cookie sheets Magnets Paper I found the cookie sheets at the dollar store and loved the idea of the kids telling their own stories using movable magnets.   I cut out flowers with the foam (you can cut out any design and use construction paper instead of foam) and little people then stuck a magnet to the back.  I cut out bugs and stuck magnets to the back of those too.    Then I drew little scenes that would inspire a story and put them on the cookie sheet.  One demonstration and their imaginations took off on their own :)