I am proud to say I received the Liebster Award
on Valentines day from Nicole Meacham. Thank You! This is the first moment I have had to sit down and respond and I am excited to start reading some blogs to pass on the award.
For those of you who aren't familiar with the Liebster, it is awarded to new blogs with less than 200 followers. It’s a way to get the word out about great, up and coming blogs.
And mine was chosen, whoo hoo! Thank you Nicole for reading my blog :).
Award recipients keep the love going by following these steps in awarding to more new bloggers:
- Each awarded blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for bloggers you pass the award to
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) and pass the award (and link) to them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them about the award
- No tag backs
11 Random Facts about Me
(I actually get to talk about just me in my blog, hehe, that's kinda nice.)
- I play Dungeons and Dragons
- I am not creative, but crafty, and I don't like that. I want to be both. Every time I try to create it's been done or doesn't turn out.
- I would love to explore a pyramid in Egypt.
- I am honest to a fault, it gets me in trouble all the time.
- When I was little I wanted to grow up to be an Opera Singer, then I found out I am an awful singer.
- I feel like I am a bad mother and don't do enough with my kids.
- I was divorced at 23.
- I put myself last, always.
- I am a sucker for fantasy.
- I love poetry and Shakespeare. I downloaded all his plays on my i touch and read them to relax.
- I am afraid of the dark.
- How many brothers or sisters do you have? Are you close?
- If money were no object, would you work at your same job?
- What is your favorite month of the year?
- You can only eat 1 food for the entire week, what is it and why?
- Do you have a favorite blog(ger)?
- What attracted you to that blog?
- Do you prefer fiction or nonfiction (book and TV)?
- What is your favorite trait about yourself?
- Were you a good student in school?
- Are you a DIYer? What's your best project to date?
- If you could write a letter to yourself at 17, what would it say?
- I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers. I am very close with my sisters. My brothers are 10 and 12 years younger then me and we don't really know what to talk about when we are on the phone.
- Yes! I love being a stay at home mommy.
- October-because I love the color of fall, Halloween is my favorite holiday, and both my kids' birthday's are in October.
- I am horrible at making decisions how do I choose one food when I love them all.
- Jessie K at playcreateexplore.
- She does such cool things with her kids. She inspired me to start doing messy things with my kids.
- Fiction. I do also love fiction with some truth behind it, such as Spartacus.
- Physical trait: I love my hair. I have never dyed my hair and love it's natural beauty. Personality trait: I am loving it's the greatest gift I have been given and am always happy to share.
- Mediocre. I turned in my homework and did well on tests but didn't always show up for class.
- Not much of a DIYer. I make a lot of my preschool stuff but no big projects really.
- This question reminds me of Brad Paisley :). My goodness thinking about me at 17 is crazy. But here goes... Dear me, You are a happy fun filled girl but you need to open your eyes. Trust is earned not given. You have your heart on your sleeve and you need to place it in a box for safe keeping until you finish school. Take a look at who you are surrounding yourself with. Who do you want to be? Find people who you admire and spend more time with them. Focus more on you and listen to yourself instead of others. Do not watch that kitten, you won't get the money and will end up in years of pain that I still can't see the end of. Protect yourself. If you take one thing from the future you is listen to your head instead of your heart.
And the nominees are....
This is the hard part
- What is the hardest part of being a mom?
- What is your favorite memory?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- Do you think blogging is therapeutic? Has it been for you?
- What is your favorite blog to read? Why?
- What do you do for 'mommy time' or as a stress reliever?
- What is your favorite thing to do with your kids?
- What is your favorite part of being a mom?
- What do you do best?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What is your favorite post on your blog? Why?
It was fun to complete the LIebster Award. I have added new blogs to my reading list and hope to make/meet some new friends. Thank you again Nicole for the award.