Skip to main content

Wrap up for week 5

When we were finishing the letter t we were also starting our Halloween crafts.   I am posting this well after Halloween but as we all know life happens.  We had a 2 birthdays, a week visit from out of town family, and other personal stress.  I am glad to see that it is coming to a close and I am finding time again to blog.  I have a ton of catching up to do.  I may have stopped blogging but preschool continued.

We have been keeping busy with preschool work but unfortunately due to sharing a phone for a period of time I am short on pictures.  I use pictures to help me remember all the things we did in preschool.  Because of the lack of pictures there may be some things I forget.  

Crafts
Starry Night
Materials
  • Star prints (you can find here.)
  • 2 Popsicle sticks or small craft sticks
  • Cardstock
Little Dragon glued on the sticks and cut the line in the paper for the tent opening.  Inside the tent is the letter t Little Dragon wrote on his own with marker.  It is hard to see.  
While we did this lesson we talked about Abraham following and trusting in God and moving his tent where he was told.

Hanging Pumpkin
My mom sent a wooden pumpkin to me and Little Dragon so we could do a Halloween craft together.
Materials



  • Wooden craft pumpkin
  • Orange, green, and glow in the dark paint
  • Green glitter
  • Ribbon
We painted the pumpkin orange and the stem and leaf green.  We painted the eyes nose and mouth with glow in the dark paint.  We added green glitter to the leaf and stem to add a little shine.  When the paint was dry I strung a ribbon around the metal used to hang the pumpkin.  TaDa! 
Little Dragon wanted to put it on the door knob.  So that is where it hangs for Halloween. 



Alphabet

Little Dragon worked on recognizing the letter t in his letter t folder. 












We finished up letter t by gluing pipe cleaners to our print out.




Books Alive
 Three Little Pigs
We talked about the story of the three little pigs a couple times earlier in the week.  When I checked the library for a book they were out so I told the story without pictures.  I found these sequence cards on education.com and we worked together making up stories and then putting them in the correct order.

Sensory
To close our week Little Dragon played in a fall sensory bin.  It was the beginning of the season and I honestly didn't have anything prepared that had to do with tents or the letter t.  I gave him a bobble head bat and mummy to play with in the bin.  I also set green floral foam next to the bin in case he wanted to be creative with that too.


Comments

  1. I especially love your sensory bin! It looks so inviting to play with! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) He mostly hid 1 of his action figures then would rescue it with the other figure. You never know how kids will create a way to play with a sensory bin. I always enjoy observing though. Thank you for the comment. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elephant Faces

Elephant Faces (masks) We used:  Three paper plates Paint or markers Paint brushes Stapler Scissors Yarn First paint the bottom of the paper plate.  While the kids painted I cut the other paper plate in half for the ears. Using the third plate I cut out the textured part of the plate to make the trunks.   Paint (or color) the rest of the pieces.  Staple them together to make an elephant. Cut out small holes for eyes and small holes behind the ears to attach the yarn. Now that the lesson is over I have the masks hanging in the playroom.  They make a neat decoration. 

Painting With Squirt Guns

We did this as a Fathers Day project, but it fits in outside play perfectly.   I liked this for Fathers because it was an interactive activity for the kids to do with Jerry to celebrate him and the time they enjoy spending with him. I filled 1 gun with yellow paint and 2 guns with black paint.  The squirt guns we used were from the dollar store and had a decently big hole to pour the paint into.  Some squirt guns have itty bitty holes that make squirting paint into the gun very difficult. Taped off the canvas...and made the kids pose Then the guns were handed to the kids and dad.  Instructions were to shoot the canvas not each other. Very simple. Start squirting!   The squirting went on and on.  I refilled the guns a couple times so the activity could continue.     Jerry also took time with each Dragon to squirt with them.  With a Star Wars theme we were looking at having black as the primary color and yellow as the secondar

Mini Story Boards

Mini Story Boards We used:  Foam Cookie sheets Magnets Paper I found the cookie sheets at the dollar store and loved the idea of the kids telling their own stories using movable magnets.   I cut out flowers with the foam (you can cut out any design and use construction paper instead of foam) and little people then stuck a magnet to the back.  I cut out bugs and stuck magnets to the back of those too.    Then I drew little scenes that would inspire a story and put them on the cookie sheet.  One demonstration and their imaginations took off on their own :)